Clean Grid Alliance (CGA) seeks a VP, Transmission & Markets to lead the organization’s work on expanding transmission across the Midcontinent and between Regional Transmission Organization “seams” and to help create a marketplace at MISO that provides new opportunities for clean energy.
CGA is looking for an ambitious, personable, self-starter who has a strong drive to tackle difficult work that makes a meaningful difference. The successful candidate will have a track record of achievement in working on clean energy issues, the ability to thoughtfully set and achieve an agenda, work both independently and with a team, and blaze a path forward with a group that has a variety of opinions on a topic.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, engineering consultant, and CGA members, create a multi-year strategic plan for expanding transmission and markets in MISO.
- Work to disseminate and gain support for the multi-year roadmap.
- Use knowledge and expertise from CGA’s State Advocacy team to inform the state/regional needs that require transmission expansion and enhanced markets.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, engineering consultant, Director/Manager Transmission & Markets, participate in MISO daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly stakeholder meetings (committees, subcommittees, task forces, special projects, Board of Directors week meetings).
- Advocate for CGA positions at MISO and related venues.
- In conjunction with CGA’s engineering consultant, hold CGA MISO workgroup calls and meetings to inform and discuss issues with CGA members.
Key qualifications of strong candidates include but are not limited to:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 7-10+ years in technical or policy work in energy or related fields.
- Preferred experience working with one or more of the following: MISO, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, U.S. Congress, state public service commissions, the Department of Energy, utilities, renewable energy developers, non-profit organizations, labor groups, or trade associations.
- Experience with transmission planning, transmission development, and federal or state electricity policy preferred.
- Experience engaging, influencing, and working collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders across different interests.
- Ability to reconcile challenging and diverse viewpoints among non-profit organizations, for-profit renewable energy companies, CGA members, and other organizations with whom CGA is working.
- Preferred experience presenting before regulators, policymakers, utilities, and other key stakeholders.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously, perform well in a fast-paced environment, and apply good judgment skills.
DRiWaterstone is proud to lead this search on behalf of the Clean Grid Alliance.