Founded in 1999, the Center for Urban Families (CFUF) strengthens urban communities by helping fathers and families achieve stability and economic success. As a pioneer in responsible fatherhood, family strengthening, and workforce development, CFUF’s programs seek to help clients fully exit poverty and sustain themselves and their families.
The Center for Urban Families (CFUF) seeks a skilled and experienced Senior Major Gifts Officer to join our team in achieving our annual and major giving program objectives. With support and guidance from the Director of Development, the Senior Major Gifts Officer will lead the design and implementation of the CFUF major gifts program, including creating policies and standard operating procedures to ensure the efficient operation of the program. The Senior Major Gifts Officer will also identify and cultivate relationships with prospective major donors. This involves prospect research, developing effective solicitation strategies, and stewarding donors throughout the major giving process. The Senior Major Gifts Officer will maintain a donor portfolio of 100-125 prospects. CFUF defines a major gift as $1,000 or more.
- Lead the design and implementation of the CFUF major gifts program, including creating policies, setting metrics, and standard operating procedures to ensure the efficient operation of the program.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward a major gift prospect pool of current and new donors from throughout the United States for major gifts.
- Build and manage a portfolio of 100-125 prospects with the capacity to make major gifts.
- Plan and execute solicitation strategies leading to major gifts; contact donors to pursue these strategies and build enduring relationships, completing 100-130 virtual and in-person visits per year.
- Prepare proposals, solicitation letters, gift agreements, and other development materials for prospects and donors that articulate CFUF’s needs, values, and goals.
This is a hybrid position; the successful candidate must be able to attend the office in Baltimore once a week.
DRiWaterstone is managing the search on behalf of Center for Urban Families.