VPM is dedicated to enriching the lives of Virginians through informative, educational, and culturally engaging content. As a non-profit public media organization, VPM has a proud history dating back to 1961 and a strong commitment to serving the Commonwealth of Virginia.
VPM seeks a strategic and passionate Vice President of Philanthropy to support the future of the organization.
The Vice President of Philanthropy at VPM is a strategic leadership role responsible for developing and executing fundraising strategies that drive individual giving, supporting VPM’s mission and fostering revenue growth. This role, working in collaboration with the President/CEO, plays a pivotal part in cultivating a culture of philanthropy that transcends traditional transactional fundraising, focusing on the development of deep, enduring relationships deeply rooted in the mission.
- Develop and execute comprehensive fundraising strategies to meet annual fundraising goals, with a focus on eight-figure targets, utilizing a range of fundraising channels.
- Collaborate closely with the President/CEO and work with internal and external stakeholders to foster a culture of philanthropy within VPM.
- Lead, manage, and mentor the Development team, overseeing recruitment, training, and performance evaluations.
- Provide strategic guidance on fundraising initiatives, leveraging a deep understanding of VPM’s core values and mission.
- Plan and execute fundraising events and outreach activities to engage donors and raise funds. This includes organizing galas, donor appreciation events, and other fundraising initiatives.
DRiWaterstone Human Capital is leading the search on behalf of VPM.