Founded in 2008, ORAM – the Organization for Refuge, Asylum and Migration – is a pioneer in advocating for the protection and empowerment of extremely vulnerable LGBTIQ refugees and asylum seekers globally. ORAM is recognized as one of the first international NGOs to assist people fleeing persecution based on their sexual orientation and/or gender identity and expression and is a thought leader in LGBTIQ migration. ORAM support LGBTIQ asylum seekers and refugees who are navigating the long asylum process from the moment they arrive in their first country of asylum to being resettled to a safe third country.
The newly created Director of Development position, reporting to the Executive Director, will build and implement ORAM’s fundraising strategy, including foundation, government, individual, and corporate funding streams. As the steward of ORAM’s relationships and strategic partnerships, the Director of Development’s responsibilities extend to identifying and cultivating new donors while nurturing existing ones.
- Fearless fundraiser unafraid to make big asks.
- 3-5 years of development experience with a proven track record of fundraising success in a nonprofit or similar setting.
- Knowledge of issues facing LGBTIQ community, asylum seekers, and refugees.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills, with a strong ability to write concise and compelling narratives and tell stories.
- Familiarity and comfort working in a fully remote office setting.
- Experience working with funders of LGBTIQ and/or social justice issues a plus.
- Experience with international humanitarian organizations desired.
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge a plus.
- People management experience is a plus.
DRiWaterstone is proud to lead this search on behalf of the Organization for Refuge, Asylum and Migration (ORAM).