The SoulFisher Ministries (TSM) is looking for a dynamic Chief Development Officer (CDO) to lead its development efforts. TSM is expanding its services to continue meeting the needs of youth with formerly incarcerated parents and creating a new role to build and shape a dedicated development team. This opportunity allows the incumbent candidate to make a significant impact by spearheading the creation and implementation of a state-of-the-art prospect and donor database and increasing revenue through various streams. The CDO will play a pivotal role in contributing to the organization’s mission and being part of a team dedicated to making a real difference!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive fundraising strategy aligned with the organization’s mission and goals.
- Achieve and exceed annual fundraising targets, with a focus on securing major gifts, grants, and corporate sponsorships.
- Oversee donor relations, ensuring timely and meaningful communication with supporters.
- Build, grow, and manage the major gifts and planned giving program and qualify potential donors.
- Recruit, build, lead, and inspire a high-performing development team.
- Provide mentorship, guidance, and professional development to team members.
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate fundraising goals and initiatives into the overall organizational strategy.
- Build and nurture a culture of giving within the organization, ensuring that philanthropy is integrated into the fabric of daily operations.
Experience includes but is not limited to:
- 10+ years of comprehensive nonprofit development experience, with a deep understanding of fundraising strategies, including grants, major gifts, and sponsorships.
- A proven track record of securing $2M+ annually through a combination of grants, major gifts, and sponsorships. Ability to maintain and grow a portfolio of donors and supporters.
- Skilled at planning and executing fundraising events.
- Extensive experience engaging donors and other supporters through volunteer programs and tracking of volunteer hours.
- Commitment to The SoulFisher Ministries’ (TSM) mission, vision, and goals. A desire to elevate the organization’s impact and the passion to provide meaningful change to the parents and families of the formerly incarcerated.
- Experience using and building fundraising data tracking systems and ensuring efficient and organized management of fundraising data.
DRiWaterstone Human Capital is proud to lead this search on behalf of The SoulFisher Ministries.