Operation Homefront is excited to offer a unique opportunity for a dynamic Chief Development Officer (CDO) to lead its development efforts. The organization is seeking a visionary leader to establish and implement the strategic infrastructure that will catapult it to unprecedented heights. Imagine being at the forefront of a dynamic team, orchestrating major gifts, spearheading electrifying events, and cultivating key alliances that redefine philanthropic support.
The CDO will play a pivotal role in contributing to the organization’s mission. We are looking for a high-level strategic thinker, a strong manager, and a mentor who wants to be a part of a team dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of military families.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive fundraising strategy aligned with the organization’s mission and goals.
- Achieve and exceed annual fundraising targets, with a focus on securing major gifts, grants, direct mail campaigns, and corporate sponsorships.
- Foster a collaborative and innovative team culture that encourages creativity and initiative.
- Work collaboratively with members of the board and designated committees to keep them apprised of the progress of the development department and fundraising strategies.
- Supervise two direct reports, setting priorities, managing budgets, providing regular training, coaching, and feedback, and conducting performance reviews.
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate fundraising goals and initiatives into the overall organizational strategy.
- Build and nurture a culture of giving within the organization, ensuring that philanthropy is integrated into the fabric of daily operations.
- Serve as public spokesperson for Operation Homefront to accurately portray the mission to the public and potential donors.
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- A minimum of 15 years of nonprofit fundraising experience preferred with a deep understanding of effective fundraising strategies.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in a management role and experience in building and managing effective teams and fostering collaboration.
- Experience with solicitation of major gifts, special events, direct mail, individual giving, and planned giving.
- Exceptional public speaking skills and the ability to accurately communicate Operation Homefront’s mission to the public and inspire potential donors.
- A desire to elevate the organization’s impact, and the passion to provide meaningful change.
- Extensive experience in donor relations and management, ensuring strong and lasting relationships with supporters.
DRiWaterstone is proud to lead this search on behalf of Operation Homefront.