PAI is a nonprofit civil society organization based in Washington, D.C.. Founded over 50 years ago, PAI works to advance sexual and reproductive health and rights for all people through U.S. and global advocacy, partnerships with multisectoral institutions, and the funding of community-based organizations across Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Caribbean.
The Associate Director of Foundation Relations will develop and manage a portfolio of foundation funders aligned with the mission and strategic plan of PAI. The Associate Director of Foundation Relations must be a highly motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, excellent grant writing skills, patience under pressure, demonstrated resilience despite donor strategy shifts, and a deep passion for our mission.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working with the President & CEO, establishes measurable goals to increase fundraising results that are both aspirational and achievable.
- Identify, cultivate, and steward a portfolio of foundation donors and prospects, with an emphasis on identifying new prospects to grow the portfolio during year 1.
- Lead the development of highly competitive concept notes, letters of inquiry, and full proposals, working closely with programmatic staff.
- Serve as a lead strategist in translating the goals and strategies of PAI programs into a desirable framework for foundation funders.
- Ensure the submission of timely foundation proposals, budgets, and reporting.
- Compile supporting documentation for completed applications to ensure that proposals and grant deliverables, budgets, and required organizational documents are submitted in full compliance with the proposal guidelines and that grant deliverable deadlines are met.
- Monitor proposal and reporting deadlines and manage submissions.
Financial and Administrative Management:
- Work closely with finance staff to draft and monitor project budgets and staffing implementation plans for proposals.
- Collaborate with the Evidence and Learning team on measuring achievable metrics to report to foundation funders.
- Liaise between Program teams and the Development team on reporting out to donors.
DRiWaterstone is proud to lead this search on behalf of PAI.