DRiWatersone HC, a growing Arlington-based professional services firm for mission and purpose driven organizations, has a unique opportunity for an exceptional writer who thrives in a fast-paced work environment.
Since 2001, DRiWaterstone has provided services to help mission- and purpose-driven organizations located across the country and around the world to grow, thrive, and excel. We are founded on the belief that mission- and purpose-driven organizations make the world a significantly better place, and that the work they do every day is too important to forego the resources they need to fulfill their missions. We offer executive search services to support a roster of mission- and purpose-driven clients that includes such renowned organizations as AARP, Habitat for Humanity, Operation Smile, Howard University and The Nature Conservancy. DRiWaterstone‘s executive search practice helps organization design effective staff structures and identify and recruit outstanding leaders who will help make the world a better place.
DRiWaterstone has an opening for a writer to join its executive search team. This position delivers high-quality writing on behalf of DRiWaterstone‘s clients, supporting the successful completion of executive searches. The Executive Search Writer reports to the Director of Executive Search Services and works closely with DRiWaterstone‘s CEO, COO and Managing Directors.
Specific responsibilities include the following key tasks:
- Conduct research to shape client-focused writing, including annual reports, financial statements, and web research.
- Write compelling content for executive searches, including marketing-style job descriptions, advertising copy, and detailed candidate profiles.
- Manage a revision and document approval process with internal leaders and client representatives.
- Regularly update and share critical information with other members of DRiWaterstone‘s search team.
- Serve as a writer for DRiWaterstone’s new business proposals and monthly newsletter.
- Assist with job advertisement copy and design.
- Proofread documents prepared by staff throughout DRiWaterstone.
- Represent the company with integrity and professionalism.
The person in this role must first and foremost have exceptional intuitions and instincts as a writer. The successful candidate must be comfortable completing a high volume of complex writing projects with care and skill at high speed. This work requires the ability to synthesize information from multiple sources into well-organized and concise prose; to analyze and reproduce the nuanced styles of other individuals and organizations; and to produce targeted and compelling marketing language. The Executive Search Writer must also be able to understand and thoroughly incorporate feedback from others.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university; degree in a writing-intensive field (journalism/English/history/public relations/mass communications/etc.) preferred.
- 3 years of training and experience in a role focused primarily on writing.
- Ability to produce creative promotional materials.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Considerable research, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently (including organizing time effectively, following through on commitments, communicating about progress, etc.).
- Full competency in Microsoft Office Suite and preferably basic functions in Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.
Corporate Culture and Benefits
DRiWatersone is operating in a fully remote environment for the foreseeable future and encourage remote employees to apply.
DRiWaterstone employees receive medical, vision, dental, and disability insurance with fully subsidized premiums, unlimited vacation, 10 federal holidays, and we are closed the week between Christmas and New Year’s.
How To Apply
Submit cover letter, resume and two writing samples via email to email@example.com. Subject line should read “DRiWaterstone Executive Search Writer.”