The U.S. Naval Institute offers a forum for those who dare to read, think, speak, and write to advance the professional, literary, and scientific understanding of sea power and other issues critical to global security.
U.S. Naval Institute Remains:
A non-profit member association, with no government support, that does not lobby for special interests.
An independent, professional military association with a mission, goals, and objectives that transcend political affiliations.
Ideas and debate flourish through its respected journals, Proceedings and Naval History, its conferences, its books, and its online content, in support of those who serve.
U.S. Naval Institute seeks a Senior Major Gifts Officer to become an integral member of the Foundation staff and have the opportunity to grow into an executive-level leadership position. He or she must develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of all aspects of the Naval Institute, its programs, activities, and brand. He or she should be someone of presence and confidence who can passionately represent the Institute’s mission, vision, and values to donors and prospects, and work with them systematically to:
- Secure major donations from individuals and families.
- Increase the pipeline of individuals capable of donating substantial funds.
- Steward a select group of consistent donors to determine major gift propensity.
- Help plan and implement a comprehensive development program to provide support across all gift categories – unrestricted, project, and endowment – and help increase the Institute’s overall philanthropic capacity.
- Celebrate the Institute’s 150th anniversary in 2023.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for U.S. Naval Institute. To learn more and apply, please visit https://driconsulting.com/position/usni-smgo.