Trees for the Future (TREES) is an international non-profit organization dedicated to transforming the lives of smallholder farmers through agroforestry. TREES’ signature methodology, the Forest Garden, is a solution whose time has come. With TREES’ support, farmers restore land degraded by generations of harmful mono-cropping, multiply their farm enterprises and incomes, and increase their family dietary diversity and food security. African smallholder farmers are among the earth’s most vulnerable to the effects of climate change. The Forest Garden is a powerful tool to diversify activity and provide income throughout the year, helping them adapt to more frequent and severe weather extremes. The garden is also a carbon sink with 2500 trees per acre, for which they will soon be rewarded by off-sets on the voluntary carbon market.
TREES seeks an ambitious, strategic Senior Director of Development and Communications to support their organization. As the Senior Director of Development and Communications, you will be the captain of an energetic team and enjoy the enthusiastic support of experienced senior colleagues, the CEO, and a seasoned Development Committee of the Board. You will be empowered to develop the next generation of fundraising strategy with the maximization of digital methods, individual donor cultivation, corporate cause marketing, and expansion of strategic partnerships in the Voluntary Carbon Market and major foundations and institutions, among other opportunities.
Qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field. Master’s Degree, MBA, preferred.
- Eight-plus years of fundraising experience and the capacity to lead and support the communications and marketing function
- Excellent leadership and management skills and the ability and willingness to lead in a hybrid/remote operation
- Strong belief in TREES’ mission and culture
- Demonstrated experience with fundraising from various types of funders with particular skill in partnering with corporations and individuals, including HNWI.
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Embodies and promotes TREES’ values of Accessibility, Respect, Diversity, Learning, Possibility, Collaboration, Entrepreneurialism and Results
- Strong writing skills and capacity to use computer and online technology. Familiarity with Salesforce is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with international development, global conservation issues, and the evolving global carbon markets.
- Spoken and written French a significant plus
DRiWaterstone is proud to lead this search on behalf of TREES.