The American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE) is a national nonprofit working to build a clean energy future. It sees the efficient use of energy as critical to addressing climate change, producing a vibrant economy, and improving both our environment and public health. Founded in 1980 by leading energy researchers, ACEEE is widely recognized as America’s center of expertise on energy efficiency. Its reputation is based on the quality, credibility, and relevance of its work, as well as its nonpartisan approach.
To advance smart and sustainable use of energy, ACEEE conducts research to establish and promote the economic, climate, health, and equity benefits of energy efficiency. ACEEE research explores energy-saving strategies in buildings, equipment, utilities, factories, power plants, transportation, and consumer behavior. As the top convener of energy efficiency professionals, ACEEE also brings together utility managers, regulators, government officials, academic researchers, and advocates around the country to spark discussion and solutions. Building on its research and outreach, ACEEE helps policymakers at the local, state, national, and international levels develop effective policies and programs that save vast amounts of energy and reduce harmful greenhouse gas emissions.
ACEEE seeks a Senior Director for Communications and Marketing to lead the organization’s strategic communications, branding, messaging, outreach, and, ensure that ACEEE’s work is delivered clearly and effectively to its target audiences. These audiences include policymakers, opinion leaders, advocates, researchers, and energy professionals from business, finance, and utilities. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Senior Director works to increase the impact of ACEEE’s research and analysis by leading an integrated strategy that includes social media, visual storytelling, and events for a wide range of traditional and new partners. Key qualifications include:
- 10-15 years of communications or marketing experience, with at least 5 years at the Director-level or above with responsibility for managing a function, team, and budget.
- Creative and collaborative self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills and a sense of humor.
- Previous experience playing a senior role in strategic planning with key critical thinking skills.
- Strong sense of visual storytelling to highlight the impact of ACEEE’s work.
- Advanced understanding of social media with the intent to expand the audience reach.
- An understanding of the importance diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice play in the health of an organization and its work.
- Strong diplomatic skills and experience engaging stakeholders and partners, building consensus, and bringing diverse groups together throughout the process.
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in communications, business, marketing, or social sciences is preferred.
DRiWaterstone Human Capital is leading this search for the American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy. To learn more please visit https://driwaterstonehc.com/available-positions/. To apply, visit https://driwaterstonehc.com/submit-resume/