On an average day, the men and women of the Coast Guard conduct 45 search and rescue missions, perform 14 conservation inspections, and facilitate the movement of $8.7 billion worth of goods and commodities across 100,000 miles of coastline and inland waterways in the United States. The education, welfare, and morale of these men and women is supported by the Coast Guard Foundation.
The Coast Guard Foundation was founded in 1969 to support the Coast Guard Academy, but since 1986 has taken on a broader mission—supplying equipment to Coast Guard units, scholarships to Coast Guard members and their families, and bereavement support for families who have lost loved ones in the Coast Guard. The Foundation has also achieved dramatic revenue growth to support its work, with new regional philanthropy programs established over the last two years in California, the mid-Atlantic. and the Northeast.
Today the Coast Guard Foundation seeks a Regional Director of Philanthropy for the Gulf Coast region to continue this growth. The Regional Director of Philanthropy will have access to tremendous resources to build a regional donor base and revenue to support the Foundation’s mission. S/he will receive a portfolio of 150 prospects and donors qualified for $25K+ gifts; will have a relationship with regional members of a core group of volunteers with active fundraising roles; and will have access to a roster of special events that offer cultivation and solicitation opportunities.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Development, working from home, and maintaining an active and metrics-driven travel and donor meeting schedule, the Regional Director will provide exceptional relationship management for 150 prospects and donors in order to build regional revenue gradually to a $1M annual goal.
The ideal Regional Director of Philanthropy will have:
- At least 10 years of professional experience, including 3-5 years in a fundraising role.
- Demonstrated success in all facets of major gifts fundraising or equivalent experience in such fields as financial advising, sales, marketing, or non-profit management.
- Commitment to personalized fundraising, including regular face-to-face donor meetings, and outstanding one-on-one relationship-building skills.
- Record of securing donations or investments at the $10K+ level.
- Experience growing a donor or sales base and increasing revenue.
- Knowledge of the philanthropic market in Gulf Coast states, especially Texas and/or Louisiana, and ability to work from either Houston or New Orleans.
- High degree of initiative and self-motivation, with the ability to work independently toward goals and to steadily monitor progress.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; advanced degree or certification, such as a CFRE, is preferred.
For more information and to apply, please visit www.driconsulting.com.