The Partnership for Public Service is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization dedicated to building a better government and a stronger democracy. We believe that our future and our democracy depend on our ability to solve big problems—and that we need an effective federal government to do so. For more than 20 years, we have helped make this vision a reality, helping our government—the public institution most fundamental to our democracy—address current and future challenges.
The Partnership is seeking a Director, Major Gifts who will develop and execute a long-term fundraising strategy to significantly grow individual support for the Partnership and its programs. Reporting to the Vice President of Development, the Director will be responsible for all stages of prospect and donor relationships, including cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. They will use creative techniques to identify new sources of support, establish new methods for engaging donors, and orchestrate staff and Board members to support major gift fundraising efforts.
Specific requirements and preferences include:
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent professional work or military experience.
- At least 10 years with a successful track record in the management of a major or special gifts program which includes identification, solicitation and stewardship of high-level donors.
- Record of successfully identifying and securing gifts in the $25K – $1M+ range from individual donors, including multi-year gifts.
- Experience leading capital campaigns is preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership and management experience.
This job operates in a hybrid (remote + office) environment in Washington, D.C. It is a full-time position with regular work hours Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET. Occasional evening or weekend activities may be required as well. Please note that as a result of COVID-19, the Partnership is allowing maximum flexibility in work schedules. Please review the position overview for more information.
DRiWaterstone Human Capital is leading this search for the Partnership for Public Service. To learn more or apply, please visit: https://driwaterstonehc.com/position/pps-director-major-gifts/