Founded in 2008, ORAM – the Organization for Refuge, Asylum and Migration is a pioneer in advocating for the protection and empowerment of extremely vulnerable LGBTIQ refugees and asylum seekers globally. ORAM is recognized as one of the first international NGOs to assist people fleeing persecution based on their sexual orientation and/or gender identity and expression and is a thought leader in LGBTIQ migration. They support LGBTIQ asylum seekers and refugees who are navigating the long asylum process from the moment they arrive in their first country of asylum to being resettled to a safe third country.
The newly created Director of Development role comes at an exciting time of growth for the organization. Reporting to the Executive Director, the successful candidate has the unique opportunity to establish ORAMs strategic development plan, build a development team, and establish the program infrastructure to achieve long-term growth and impact. With the support of the Executive Director and the Board of Directors, the Director of Development will drive the organization’s revenue growth, engaging and motivating ORAM’s donors at all levels.
- Design, direct, and implement a fundraising program designed to achieve ambitious but well-founded goals for annual operating revenue, corporate partners, grants, and major gifts.
- Serve as an ambassador for ORAM’s work at conferences and networking events, continuously growing the donor and partnership base as well as recognition in the broader community.
- Build on recent successes to create and operationalize a successful corporate engagement program, leveraging the growing interest in the intersection of LGBTIQ and refugee issues in the corporate sector.
- Solicit, secure, and steward major gifts from private sources.
- Ensure donor management systems are optimized and underlying donor cultivation strategies are supported through effective technology and best practices.
- Coordinate with field staff on appropriate projects for proposal submission and cultivating corporate representatives in their regions.
This is a remote position in the US; however the successful candidate must be able to attend some in office meetings and occasional travel.
DRiWaterstone is managing the search on behalf of ORAM.