Howard University, bolstered by an active and energetic alumni base, is experiencing historic and unprecedented institutional and philanthropic growth. With a more visible profile in elite higher education, the University has embarked on a significant expansion of and investment in its Advancement efforts. If you are an enthusiastic communications professional looking for a chance to make a difference, now is the time to join this historic institution and become a part of something great.
Howard University seeks a Manager of Stewardship for Principal & Presidential Prospects. Under the supervision of the Director of Stewardship & Donor Relations, the Manager is a key member of the central office for the Division of Development & Alumni Relations staff. This position will work directly with the President of the University and key cabinet members, in order to provide effective stewardship to high-level donors and individuals who have high donor-potential. This position with work amongst the Advancement Services team to report on the use of gifts. This position is tasked with maintaining relationships over time, to ensure high-level donors are pleased with the impact of their gift and are stewarded toward future philanthropy to Howard University.
Specific qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Public Administration, or a closely related field.
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in building long-term fundraising relationships.
- Demonstrated, successful experience in major gift fundraising or marketing and planned giving experience highly desired. Experience in an academic setting preferred.
- Knowledge of trends, models and practices as well as ability to forecast and be pro-active.
- Experience with stewardship techniques.
- Proven, successful track record in maintaining relationships and stewarding donors.
- Knowledge of database software (Raisers Edge NXT) and Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word).
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious work relations with students, faculty, staff, university officials, and the general public.
- Ability to prepare and manage a budget and resources.
DRiWaterstone Human Capital is leading this search for Howard University. To learn more please visit https://driwaterstonehc.com/available-positions/. To apply, visit https://driwaterstonehc.com/submit-resume/