Planned Parenthood of Metropolitan Washington seeks a Manager of Foundation and Grant Relations to cultivate long-term relationships with grant-makers and identify opportunities to connect PPMW’s leaders with leaders of grant-making organizations.
Planned Parenthood provides high-quality reproductive and related healthcare, delivers educational programs that promote healthy sexuality, and protects the right of individuals to make personal health decisions. Located in the nation’s capital, PPMW is an anchor for care throughout the region and a model across the country. For more than 80 years, PPMW has responded to the changing needs of the communities it serves and the ever-shifting political winds in the region.
PPMW is looking for an accomplished business writer with 2-4 years of experience who wants to grow into a fundraising leader. The successful candidate will share PPMW’s high standards for donor stewardship and have a record of proactive engagement of institutional supporters through site visits, meetings, calls, and events. S/he will combine these skills with a commitment to PPMW’s mission of expanding access to high-quality, affordable reproductive healthcare.
- 2-4 years of experience in business writing; some experience in proposal writing preferred. Experience in grant management, corporate partnerships, or substantive volunteer experiences with grant writing is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to steward positive relationships with organizational partners who contribute to the proposal and reporting process.
- Experience identifying the giving priorities of private foundations and of developing successful proposals that align them with organizational needs.
- Meaningful prior experience with donor database/CRM software is required (Raiser’s Edge expertise strongly preferred), as well as a high degree of proficiency with MS Office, especially Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of family planning and public health issues is useful but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; a relevant advanced degree is a plus.
DRiWaterstone is leading this search for Planned Parenthood of Metropolitan Washington. For more information and to apply, please visit: https://driwaterstonehc.com/position/manager-foundations-and-grant-relations/.