Howard University, bolstered by an active and energetic alumni base, is experiencing historic and unprecedented institutional and philanthropic growth. With a more visible profile in elite higher education, the University has embarked on a significant expansion of and investment in its Advancement efforts. If you are an enthusiastic communications professional looking for a chance to make a difference, now is the time to join this historic institution and become a part of something great.
Under the supervision of the Director of Donor Relations & Stewardship, the Manager for Stewardship for Academic Programs is a key member of the central office for the Division of Development & Alumni Relations staff. This position will work collaboratively across campus, with schools, colleges, and centers, to provide effective stewardship to donors. This position will work amongst the Advancement Services team to report on the use of gifts and communicate the impact of a gift. Furthermore, this position will work with campus units to ensure philanthropic investments are used in accordance with the donor’s intent.
Specific qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Public Relations, or a closely related field.
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in building long-term fundraising relationships.
- Demonstrated, successful experience in major gift fundraising or marketing and planned giving experience highly desired. Experience in an academic setting preferred.
- Knowledge of trends, models and practices as well as ability to forecast and be pro-active.
- Experience with stewardship techniques.
- Knowledge of database software (RaisersEdge NXT) and Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word).
- Ability to be detailed oriented, think analytically, and use good judgement to make accurate decisions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious work relations with students, faculty, staff, university officials, and the general public.
DRiWaterstone Human Capital is leading this search for Howard University. To learn more please visit https://driwaterstonehc.com/available-positions/. To apply, visit https://driwaterstonehc.com/submit-resume/