We are Montgomery Housing Partnership (MHP), a non-profit organization serving more than 4,000 residents of Montgomery County and neighboring communities by providing more than 2,600 quality affordable homes. We are a nongovernmental entity. The organization is committed to housing people, empowering families, and strengthening neighborhoods. Since 1989, MHP’s mission has been to preserve and expand access to quality, affordable housing.
We advance our mission through three key strategies:
- By acquiring, rehabilitating, building and managing quality affordable housing.
- By developing and implementing community life programs to improve the quality of life and increase opportunities for our residents.
- By collaborating with concerned citizens and businesses, public officials and community organizations to build strong, vital neighborhoods.
The successful Major Gifts Director will need to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors and prospects with a range of financial means. This will include the ability to share tangible results of MHP’s work with donors and managing a fundraising database. The ideal candidate for this role will be a confident self-starter, organized, creative, able to effectively multi-task, and have a growth mindset.
The ideal candidate’s specific qualifications include:
- At least five to seven years of fundraising experience at a non-profit organization.
- Ability to develop and implement a sound strategic annual fundraising plan to increase MHP’s philanthropic revenue.
- Record of working with individual donors, building existing relationships and growing new ones, and successfully managing a donor portfolio.
- Awareness of donor prospect management methods and software, and the ability to learn new software quickly (MHP uses eTapestry). Prospect research database experience a plus.
- Robust organizational skills, including the ability to multi-task with attention to detail and accuracy; organize tasks; establish objectives; and prioritize and achieve goals.
- Proficiency in Word and Excel required; SharePoint preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of affordable housing sector a plus.
DRiWaterstone is leading this search for Montgomery Housing Partnership. For more information and to apply, please visit: https://driwaterstonehc.com/position/major-gifts-director.