Howard University, bolstered by an active and energetic alumni base, is experiencing historic and unprecedented institutional and philanthropic growth. With a more visible profile in elite higher education, the University has embarked on a significant expansion of and investment in its Advancement efforts. If you are an enthusiastic communications professional looking for a chance to make a difference, now is the time to join this historic institution and become a part of something great.
Reporting to the Director of Annual Giving, the Leadership Annual Giving Officer will be focused on qualifying and soliciting leadership annual giving prospects ($1,000-$25,000). The incumbent will identify, cultivate, solicit and steward donors by engaging prospects through a variety of mediums (face-to-face, phone or in writing). The incumbent will also be assigned a special project in conjunction with the phonathon program that serves to facilitate leadership annual giving and pipeline development, such as visit scheduling and gift planning. Additionally, the Leadership Annual Giving Officer will periodically be tasked with special fundraising projects to support leadership giving societies and annual giving programs. They will also work closely with the Individual Giving team to support lead generation and prospect discovery/qualification processes.
Specific qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- At least three years of annual giving experience or the equivalent combination of five years combined relevant education and experience. Institutional fundraising experience highly desired
- Experience in managing relationships with annual to mid-level prospects.
- Ability to work independently and interdependently to achieve goals.
- Experience utilizing fundraising database programs; experience with Raiser’s Edge
- Commitment to the mission and vision of Howard University.
- Mastery of the fundamentals of annual giving fundraising and moves management.
DRiWaterstone Human Capital is leading this search for Howard University. To learn more please visit https://driwaterstonehc.com/available-positions/. To apply, visit https://driwaterstonehc.com/submit-resume/