The National Ability Center actively seeks a dynamic and growth-focused Executive Director/CEO who is committed to strategically broadening the NAC’s reach to participants, partners, and sources of funding. This is a remarkable opportunity in one of the country’s most beautiful settings to embrace and lead meaningful impact along with an already excited and committed group of stakeholders. The ideal candidate excels in strategy and execution and has a limitless growth mindset as a fearless fundraiser with a successful track record that underscores and demonstrates broad-reaching outcomes and communicates in a world-class fashion both externally and internally.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design and Execute a Strategic Plan and ensure the realization of its objectives. There is consensus among the board that the development of a three to five-year organizational plan is paramount. The incoming candidate should be excited and unafraid of this opportunity.
- Work at the Highest Professional Levels with the Board of Directors to create a best-in-class organization from top to bottom. Authentically communicate to the board of directors.
- Embrace Fundraising: A successful fundraising team is in place and requires additional leadership and thought. Through the development, marketing, and programs teams, creatively direct revenue generation, key relationships, and fundraising strategy.
- Be a Great Leader of People. The staff and volunteers are both talented and committed to the organization’s mission. And they are hungry for success and results.
- Be Unafraid: The NAC is one of the largest and best-known nonprofits in Park City, with a budget of over $10M. Important partnerships in these and other communities need fostering. But other and even larger opportunities, partnerships, and funding sources exist nationally. The incoming Executive Director/CEO should aggressively seek those opportunities.
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Demonstrated experience and success as a nonprofit or for-profit CEO, Executive Director, or C-Suite Executive. Prior service as the head of an organization is highly desirable.
- Successful track record leading organizational growth to include board management, fundraising, and national partnership development.
- A comprehensive understanding of effective nonprofit delivery methods, organizational capacity building, and high-level volunteer management.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment where diversity is encouraged and embraced.
- Infectious enthusiasm for the NAC’s mission.
- An authentic communication style that draws stakeholders at all levels into the organization.
- Expertise in building, mentoring, and holding accountable high-performance, mission-driven, and results-oriented teams.
DRiWaterstone is proud to lead this search on behalf of the National Ability Center.