Development Resources, inc. (DRi) provides executive search and development consulting services to non-profit organizations. Founded in 2001, DRi believes that non-profits make the world a significantly better place, and that the work they do demands proper resources to fulfill their missions. We offer executive search, fundraising consulting, and strategic planning services to help non-profits design effective staff structures and identify and recruit outstanding leaders.
The Executive Search Associate reports to the Director of Search Services and is an essential partner to Lead Consultants, identifying and assessing candidates for a wide variety of roles and organizations.
- Understand client needs for vacant positions and assist the Consultant in the development of effective candidate search strategies
- Develop lists of target companies with similar missions, financial resources, locations, or other factors as possible sources of prospective candidates
- Conduct career-related and biographical research on individuals, integrating data gathered from various online and electronic sources, including DRiWaterstone’s proprietary database and LinkedIn Recruiter
- Assess prospective candidates’ and applicants’ experiences and capacities related to position criteria, using good judgement to recommend the most qualified candidates to the Consultant for interviews
- Conduct initial outreach to prospects via email, phone, LinkedIn messaging, text, etc., following up as needed to assess interest
- Enter, update, and retrieve candidate information in Invenias, ensuring accurate, up-to-date information is maintained
- Coordinate with the Candidate Stewardship Associate to ensure seamless progression of candidates through the search process
- Draft or provide input on relevant documentation, including confidential candidate reports and Client update reports, with attention to detail and accuracy
- Proactively develop and maintain relationships with potential candidates or sources, utilizing those networks to assist with candidate recruitment
- Assist with business development efforts as appropriate
- Represent the company with integrity and professionalism
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum two years’ experience in prospect research, human resources, executive search or similar work
- Ability to prioritize work and to perform multiple tasks simultaneously while adhering to deadlines
- Strong sense of curiosity; analytical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Results driven; ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Experience using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) databases preferred; experience with Invenias or other executive search software a plus
- Knowledge of the non-profit sector preferred
Work Environment and Benefits
DRiWaterstone is currently working 100% remotely with team members in several states. We remain a team-based environment, however, in which staff members have close working relationships and interact regularly the firm’s two founders, who serve as CEO and COO, and the other Consultants. We offer an annual reimbursement for home office expenses and ensure that team members have the equipment they need to succeed.
All full-time DRiWaterstone employees receive fully subsidized medical, vision, and dental insurance premiums. Employees are eligible for end-of-year bonuses and retirement plan contributions.