Communities in Schools of Northern Virginia (CIS NOVA) is a non-profit organization serving Northern Virginia with a singular mission: to empower students to stay in school and succeed in life. By providing vital support, mentorship, and resources, CIS NOVA strives to create a nurturing environment for young learners facing various challenges. The organization partners with local schools, dedicated volunteers, and community organizations to ensure that every child has the opportunity to unlock their potential and build a brighter future.
CIS NOVA seeks a passionate and strategic Director of Development. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Development will recruit and supervise a small support team; have a fundraising goal of $500,000 in the first year; and will serve as an integral part of developing the organization’s new strategic plan to be developed in 2024.
Successful candidates will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and seven or more years of experience in fundraising or a similar field
- Personal track record of success in your role(s) with increasing responsibilities
- Experience supporting external stakeholders (e.g., donors, volunteer leadership)
- Ability to create and nurture authentic relationships
- Commitment to the mission of CIS NOVA and the students and families served
*The Director of Development is expected to be in the office in Arlington, VA or be out in the service area at least 3 days a week.
Salary: $100,000-$120,000 per year. The salary listed is one component of the total compensation package for employees.
DRiWaterstone is proud to lead this search on behalf of CIS NOVA.