The program manager will be responsible for leading the foundation’s work on climate change mitigation, working closely with Hollyhock’s co-founders. This is a relatively new area for the foundation, and there is a significant opportunity to contribute to the next phase of strategy development and grantmaking. The ideal candidate is knowledgeable about the field of climate change but also has specific familiarity with the North American high-capacity grid and understands how it needs to evolve to meet climate goals. Ideally, the candidate will have expertise in key issues regarding the electric grid, transmission, energy markets, and policy. Previous experience working in philanthropy is beneficial, and the ideal candidate should be interested in learning about various ideas and pathways for addressing climate change.
- Conduct deep landscape research to source new proposals and identify the best pathways for Hollyhock to have an impact.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative due diligence on potential grantees. • Build trusted and collaborative relationships.
- Support grantees by effectively processing, administering, and monitoring grants and providing advice.
- Prepare reports, analyses, and other documents and present them to the Hollyhock board.
- Position Hollyhock as a Foundation with climate change expertise, specifically in modernizing the North American high-capacity grid.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8-15 years of experience.
- Experience in climate grantmaking is desirable and graduate-level work in environmental/climate studies is preferred.
- Knowledge of regional/national transmission planning and permitting systems that stand in the way of achieving climate goals and general challenges facing the grid.
- Priority will be given to candidates with experience in transmission, grid modernization, and federal or state electricity policy.
- Strong research, writing, and analytical capabilities, including the ability to communicate complex issues concisely.
- Creative thinker and a self-starter who is comfortable working in a flexible environment where priorities can shift quickly.
- Willingness to perform duties across all aspects of Hollyhock’s grantmaking operations, as necessitated by a lean team.
DRiWaterstone is proud to lead this search on behalf of The Hollyhock Foundation.