The Association of Social Work Board’s (ASWB) mission is to provide support and services to the social work regulatory community to advance safe, competent, and ethical practices to strengthen public protection. ASWB is the only non-profit organization dedicated to social work regulation and is composed of the social work regulatory boards and colleges of all 50 U.S. states, the District of Columbia, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, and all 10 Canadian provinces.
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is the face of the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) and is responsible for the overall successful operation and fiscal integrity of ASWB through demonstrated ethical leadership and management. Reporting to and working closely with the Board of Directors, the CEO oversees an annual budget of approximately $21 million and has the responsibility to lead ASWB’s mission and vision, implement strategic plans, and identify and execute actions to meet objectives.
Key qualifications include:
- Seven or more years’ successful experience in a senior strategic leadership role.
- Social Work license in good standing
- Extensive knowledge of social work practice, other social work professional organizations, testing, budgeting, management, professional regulation, and related legislation
- Experience with managing transitions and leading an organization through crisis and culture change
- Success working with a Board of Directors and volunteer-led organizations
- Effective and proactive communicator, facilitator, problem solver, and decision maker
- Master’s degree in Social Work or higher
Development Resources, inc. is leading the CEO search for ASWB. To learn more and apply, please visit https://driwaterstonehc.com//available-positions/ASWB-CEO.