DRiWaterstone is leading the search for the next President of the AARP Foundation. With an operating budget of nearly $300 million, over 300 employees and 35,000 volunteers, AARP Foundation works to end senior poverty by helping vulnerable people over 50 build economic opportunity. The Foundation’s approach emphasizes equitable outcomes for populations that have faced systemic discrimination, serving all people 50 plus and their families.
The President is responsible for increasing AARP’s constituent awareness of Foundation programs and services and promotes the Foundation’s efforts to the external community. The President is also responsible for the functional operation of the Foundation, the development and implementation of programs vital to accomplishing the Foundation’s mission, and for administrative direction.
Key qualifications include:
- Recognition as a national leader who can influence public debate and develop innovative solutions, particularly in the areas of economic equity and financial security.
- Demonstrated experience in developing strategic fundraising programs and growth initiatives.
- Direct experience serving as a member of, and influencing and making strategic decisions at, the executive level of an organization.
- Demonstrated experience building external partnerships and strategic alliances.
- Proven ability to manage effectively in a matrix environment, contribute to cross-functional efforts and demonstrated ability to collaborate and function as a contributing member on AARP’s Executive Team.
- Proven ability to lead a diverse team of professionals in analyzing, planning, developing, and managing major projects and initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Law or Master’s degree preferred and 15 years of progressively responsible executive management experience.
DRiWaterstone is leading this search for AARP Foundation. For more information and to apply, please visit: https://driwaterstonehc.com/position/aarp-foundation-president/.